Information Architecture & Navigation Design
- Review existing project documentation (requirements, user profiles, etc.)
- Draft a high-level information architecture diagram
- Review the site’s nomenclature to ensure all labels are user-friendly
- Propose a navigation approach
- Develop all supporting documents as required
What You Get
- An information architecture diagram explaining the structure of the website, and outlining its various sections, sub-sections and pages
- Wireframes outlining navigation systems
- A description of and/or rationale for the navigation approach
When To Do It
Information architecture and navigation design are most commonly done in the early design phase, once project requirements and scope have been defined.
They can also be done at a high level as part of the Strategic Planning phase.
How Long It Takes
Depending on the scope of the project, information architecture and navigation design can take from 1 to 2 weeks.